SING with A BIG VOICE Groups
'SING with A BIG VOICE' Groups
Our relaxed Singing Groups meet every Tuesday, during term time only, to sing our hearts out to any song each member cares to choose for the group to sing! It can be from any genre or decade and it gives us all great insight into all the different types of songs out there, past and present! You name it, we'll sing it!
*ROCK *POP *MOTOWN *FOLK *MUSICALS *JAZZ *FUNK *R&B *COUNTRY *GOSPEL *WORLD *SKA *REGGAE *BALLADS..& MORE
We learn and develop a few vocal techniques and explore harmonies and tricks of the trade but predominantly we meet to have fun socially and sing as many songs as we can in the sessions.
Our annual visit to a recording studio where we put down a track, as a group, recording the individual harmonies and sections and learn how it is mastered before taking a copy home.
SINGING FLASH MOBS
Surprise Singing Flash Mobs are taken out into the community to surprise the unsuspecting public. Someone starts singing very loudly (usually Maria), then another member of the public joins in and so on and so on until lots of our group members, 'disguised' to blend in with the general public, all congregate together and perform to the surprised public before disappearing back into the crowds once again. Singing is one of the most empowering activities we can engage in together - a creative escapism and outlet from the daily grind, singing can unite us and give us a sense of belonging. It's a great means of expression and has countless health benefits. It increases your endorphin's and releases stress, unites people through song and increases your confidence!
TO WATCH OUR SINGING FLASH MOBS.
FLASH MOBS: Contact us to be part of our next one
WHEN & WHERE
Tuesday evenings, Term time only, Times above, at The Queens Park Arts Centre, HP217RT Aylesbury Bucks.
2. ADULTS 8.00pm-9.00pm
CONTACT US: Simply contact us.
TERM DATES 2017
September 2017 Resume sessions Tuesday 12th. People can join any week here after.
October Half term 23rd Oct 2017
October Spooky session 31st 2017
November 2017 Flash Mob REHEARSALS START
December 12th 2017 Social Event Groups Christmas Meal
December 13th FLASH MOB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvdscAJXOeU
5. Caroline Egerton says: "Tuesday evening 'Sing with a Big Voice' is simply great fun! I was looking for a group where you could have a go at singing, without the embarrassment of an audition or ever being asked to perform a solo! I really enjoy it and have found that my confidence has grown over the weeks. Maria is unique, very welcoming and makes us all feel at ease. I would definitely recommend you give it a go! What’s to not to love about having fun singing?
Caroline Egerton-CPM, Thame.
4. JACQUI HUNTER SAYS: I joined the A BIG VOICE Tuesday singing class approximately 18 months ago to accompany a friend who wanted someone to go with, it wasn't something that I would have joined without encouragement. I used to sing at Primary School and was in the choir which I enjoyed. I thought that I had lost my singing ability, but discovered that my voice wasn't too bad and realised that there was room for improvement - I was hooked pretty much from the word go!
The class is energetic, friendly, quirky and fun. I quickly realised on my way home from the first class that I had found it very relaxing and it definitely had the feel good factor - endorphin effect! Maria, the tutor is very passionate about singing and gives us weekly tips and techniques to improve our singing as well as giving us projects to complete ( if you want to be involved) such as visiting a local recording studio to record a couple of songs as a singing group and we even did a singing flash mob locally for charity!
In addition to all this Maria also arranges social events periodically (there is usually some singing involved naturally) such as a Christmas meal and various music events through out the year, such as meeting up at open mic events
If you like to sing for enjoyment, I would encourage you to give it a go! Jacqui (Accountant)
3. IAN MILLER-HALL (Harmonica player)
wanted to be able to sing and wasn’t ready to commit to one on one lessons – I have found that 'SING with a BIG VOICE' delivers everything I was promised – singing with no criticism. Maria keeps singing fun while providing technical tips to help the group improve. SING with a BIG VOICE is a great way to socialise and learn to relax with singing. Cheers Maria. See you next Tuesday.
2. CATHY GAMBRELL from CUDDINGTON Says: "I highly recommend anyone that wants to boost their confidence to come along to S I N G with A Big Voice singing classes with Maria. She's an excellent teacher and motivator, who knows all aspects of the singing business back to front. The classes are very enjoyable with a good mix of singing abilities and age ranges - everyone is encouraged to join in, and you come out feeling generally liberated, enthused and invigorated! Overall a therapeutic way to let go of inhibitions and have fun! Apart from singing some great tunes as a group, Maria teaches various breathing exercises and singing techniques, which will stay with you as your confidence grows into realising that you can sing - anyone can sing! Then you get all the added bonuses that follow, as your life generally starts feeling better! Not forgetting the fun times had socially with the group, with some successful Flashmob singing charity events, to recording experiences and outings - memorable times guaranteed!"
1. MAUREEN GILLIS SAYS: "Our weekly adult singing group 'S I N G with A BIG VOICE' is a place where complete beginners to experienced singers can go, feel comfortable in a relaxed and friendly environment, surrounded by like minded people to develop their voices under the guidance of Maria, a professional vocal coach. Yes some people sound better than others but everyone is learning and supportive of each other. We are a bunch of people who get together just for the joy of singing whilst picking up some valuable vocal techniques from Maria . We get to suggest songs, Maria prepares them in a format we can do harmonies with and away we go. Maria guides us through any initial wobbles we may have with full proof vocal techniques and explanations. She helps us get our timings right and gets our confidence up, we never thought we had. We all have a laugh every week, de-stressing from the days work. After
an hour of singing your head off, you feel great"! Chearsley-Maureen Gillis. I.T. Support Expert:
* S * ight reading? Not essential. We learn by ear
* I * inhibitions disappear, confidence increases.
* N * o audition to join. It's a great creative outlet.
* G * roup singing, supportive group exploring harmonic sounds.
*Gift vouchers available. Give the gift of an experience, singing & performance tuition rather than more unwanted 'stuff'.
Theatre Schools-Tring Arts Education, Aylesbury's Queens Park Arts Centre-Weekly Adults 'SING with A BIG VOICE' Group, Theatre-Tring Court Theatre, Oxford's The Old Fire Station Arts Centre Saturday Group, Theatre-N.M.C, Educational-Cherwell Valley College Oxford, Educational-Stage Coach, Educational-Brightstart Nurseries, Educational-Pollyanna Pre-school, Educational-Bucks Play Association, Corporate-Bucks Carers, Corporate/Educational-Barnardos including Special Needs.
Singing is a great emotional release and enjoyable hobby, especially singing together in a group. We'll teach you how to set your voice 'free'. Our group aims to encourage more adults to sing as a creative outlet, empowering the voice and singing your socks off for fun! It's a very relaxed group, supportive of one another and we learn some vocal techniques along the way. Opportunities to record a song in a studio, go out on Karaoke nights together and take part in other singing related events are optional. There aren't many places for us adults to go and socialise and simply enjoy singing (although any age is very welcome) songs YOU want to sing! We explore different songs and genres across the decades:
Why Sing? Because it's fun, it's our birthright, it can make you feel good, it's a great way to de-stress (not distress), it's great for our physical, mental and 'spiritual' well-being, its emotionally uplifting, a fun way to socialise, it's an escape from the daily grind, it can increase self esteem and general overall confidence and as a group it can give you a sense of belonging, powerfully united by music! Now you've found us, do you need any more reasons?